In the wake of pandemic-induced learning loss, a state government took a bold step towards enhancing the education quality for students across 14 districts. With a vision to bridge the gap and enable students from grades 6 to 12 to thrive academically, the government initiated a bridge course project. At the forefront of this ambitious endeavor were eQOURSE and one of the leading e-learning providers, partnering to develop and execute the project. Together, they sought to create a comprehensive and effective solution that would revolutionize education in the state.
Scope of work
- The project was a massive undertaking, covering 217 schools across 14 districts.
- The project included developing and delivering comprehensive educational resources, such as worksheets, assessments, lesson plans, student and teacher handbooks, and more.
- The educational resources covered a wide range of subjects and grades, including five subjects for grades 6 to 10 and 17 subjects for grades 11 and 12.
- The execution of the project required a team of 80 subject matter experts, 30 mentors, 5 English reviewers, 10 proofreaders, 18 DTPs, and a design team of 3.
- Despite the immense scope of the project, it was completed within an impressive 45-day timeline.
- The project involved the development of 980 worksheets and 186 assessments, totalling 10,590 questions.
- A staggering 11 lakh words were translated as part of the project.
- The project included the creation of 103 different types of books, consisting of 90,000 student books and 18,285 teacher handbooks.
- In total, the project conducted 145 baseline assessments, 170 formative assessments, and 145 endline assessments.
- The assessments in the project were divided into three sections: Baseline assessment, Formative assessment, and Endline assessment.
- The Baseline assessment consisted of 20 questions per subject, designed to assess the student's existing knowledge. Additionally, worksheets were included with 7 questions, 4 of which were objective and 3 were subjective.
- The Formative assessment was conducted during the lesson to evaluate student comprehension, learning needs, and academic progress. A total of 5 formative assessments were scheduled after 4 worksheets to check subject knowledge in the middle of the year.
- The Endline assessment was conducted to determine the impact of the program and consisted of 20 questions for each subject.
Printing and Delivery
- The project involved a large-scale printing and delivery process, using a total of 35 tonnes of paper for printing.
- A total of 20 million pages were printed, with 4 million for digital printing and 16 million for web printing.
- The delivery covered an average distance of 150 km and was delivered in 2100 boxes.
- The printing process used web-fed offset printing technology, known for high-quality output and handling large print runs.
- The boxes were packaged and prepared for delivery after printing completion.
- The delivery team worked with local transportation companies to ensure on-time delivery in good condition to schools.
- The project significantly improved the state's education quality, addressing pandemic-related learning loss and providing students with access to high-quality educational resources.
- Collaboration and unwavering commitment to education were the keys to the project's success, serving as a compelling demonstration of the transformative power of teamwork.
- eQOURSE's expertise and experience played a crucial role in the project's success, enabling the development of comprehensive educational materials and their efficient delivery to schools throughout the state.
- Initial feedback from schools has been overwhelmingly positive, with increased student engagement and updated teaching resources supporting teachers.
- The positive impact of the project is expected to benefit students for years to come, representing the beginning of a long-term journey toward improving education in the state.
- The collaborative effort of the bridge course project resulted in a remarkable accomplishment that positively impacted education quality.
- The project highlighted the value of dedication and collaboration in enhancing education quality.
- eQOURSE's development and delivery of comprehensive and efficient educational resources made a significant contribution to improving education quality and supporting students in their learning journey.
- The success of the project serves as a compelling example of the positive impact that educational publishing can have on students' lives, particularly during challenging times.